Ultraceuticals & Vitamin A
No cosmetic ingredient has been scientifically proven to be more effective for improving the signs of ageing than Retinol.
One of the keys to the success of Ultraceuticals in the past decade has been its pure Vitamin A (Retinol)products. Retinol works by supporting cell turnover, which in turn softens fine lines and wrinkles and improves the appearance of age spots, acne and sun damaged skins.Retinol, however, is a polyunsaturated fat which oxidises in the same way butter or margarine goes rancid. Retinol must therefore be stabilised to maintain optimal potency until usage. There are several stabilisation systems used for retinol but none is able to encapsulate the delicate retinol molecule whilst maximising penetration. The commonest retinol encapsulation method utilises hard porous polymethacrylate plastic spheres which do not enter the skin. Ultraceuticals team of expert research chemists has spent 5 years developing and testing its unique ULTRA-Reti™ microencapsulation technology for effective stabilisation and delivery of Retinol.
Cutting Edge Science
ULTRA-Reti™: Exclusive Pure Vitamin A Stabilisation & Delivery Technology
ULTRA-Reti™ microparticles, developed in-house by Ultraceuticals research chemists, are formed by encapsulating pure Vitamin A (Retinol) into a soft wax base which is readily absorbed into the skin. This innovative type of encapsulation allows for maximum skin absorption of potent pure Retinol. ULTRA-Reti™ microparticles perform two key functions:
1. Stabilisation of the otherwise very unstable Retinol molecule to maintain potency from manufacturer to consumer.
2. Penetration enhancement as the soft wax microparticles readily absorb
Ultra A Skin Perfecting Serums
This star performing range contains our exclusive Ultra-RETI™ microparticles for advanced retinol stabilisation and delivery technology. Additional ingredients include:
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 which helps stimulate collagen synthesis and firms and retexturises the skin.
- The calming ingredients Bisabolol from chamomile and Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate from liquorice which help to reduce redness, inflammation, improve blotchy skin, and provide better tolerance of retinol.
- The enzyme Bromelain provides exfoliation.
New Airless Pump Packaging further guarantees ingredient stability and potency.
Available in a stepped strength system:
Step 1: Mild Step 2: Serum Step 3: Concentrate
Myth VS Fact
Ask Dr Heber
Myth 1: All forms of Vitamin A are equal.
Fact: Not all forms of vitamin A are equal. Ultraceuticals uses high concentrations of pure vitamin A, Retinol, in its products. The following diagram displays various forms of Vitamin A and their pathway in the skin:
- Retinyl palmitate (inactive storage form of Vitamin A widely used in skincare), retinyl acetate, retinyl propionate: no supporting evidence for anti-ageing benefi ts.
- Retinol: the pure form of Vitamin A and biologically available precursor to retinoic acid with scientifi c evidence to support anti-ageing benefi ts.
- Retinoic acid (the biologically active form of Vitamin A): has clear evidence to support its anti-ageing benefi ts but is available only on prescription and may cause irritation and excessive dryness.
Myth 2: High concentrations of retinol irritate the skin.
Fact: Ultraceuticals has developed Ultra A Skin Perfecting Serums with calming ingredients such as chamomile and liquorice. In addition, the Ultra A Skin Perfecting Range allows clients to pre-condition skin to tolerate retinol at various levels. The range is suitable for sensitive skins and fi rst rime users of retinol as well as those with advanced skincare concerns.