Effective Date: 27 January, 2021
Last Updated on: 27 January, 2021
- Personal and Other Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Use of Information
- Information We Share
- Social Media Services
- User Content
- Links to Other Websites
- Protection of your Information
- Information Choices and Changes
- California Privacy Rights
- Third-Party Use of Tracking Technologies
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Non-US Users
- Contact Us
- Date Last Modified: 27 January, 2021
Personal and Other Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about you, both directly when you provide it to us, and automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Website. The information we collect may include information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and any other information by which you may be personally identified (“personal information”).
Depending on how you use our Website and interact with us, the personal and other information we collect may include the following:
Information that you provide to us
- Information you provide when you choose to register and create an account on our Website. This may include your name, email address, and password details, as well as mailing address, telephone number, and gender.
- If you choose to register and/or log in to our Website using a social media account, or if you choose to use other social media network functionalities on our Website (for example, if you click to follow us), depending on your privacy settings within your social media accounts, you may be permitting us to receive information about you directly from your social media accounts, such as your name, gender, profile picture, and location. (See Social Media Services below for more information.)
- Information that you provide when you place orders for products and services, subscribe to our mailing list, contact us, sign up for special offers, complete surveys, submit feedback, use our live chat function, or submit search queries on our Website.
- Information relating to your particular skin type and skin concerns, product interests, and other preferences, including when you tell us your preferred Stockist location.
- Information, including video footage and images, if you choose to complete an online skin consultation.
- Information when you submit product reviews or post any other User Content. (See User Content below for more information.)
- Information provided when you choose to participate in promotional campaigns, including contests or sweepstakes, that we may sponsor and administer on or through our Website.
- Information provided when you choose to participate in any other promotions or activities that we offer or propose in the services, resources, and activities of our Website, as well as on our social media networks.
- Details and records of any transactions you carry out on, and your general use of, our Website.
Information collected through automatic data collection technologies
may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information as you navigate through our Website. This may include:
- usage details, information about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access our Website, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Geo-location information, information about your interactions with email messages from us, such as whether the messages were opened and the links clicked in those emails, standard server log information, and other information collected automatically through cookies and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website.
Please see Information Choices and Changes below for information on how you can opt out of certain tracking technologies. For information about third-party tracking technologies on our Website, please see Third-Party Use of Tracking Technologies below.
Use of Information
We may use the information that we collect from and about users on or through our Website, including any personal information, as follows:
- To authenticate users.
- To set up and maintain user accounts and provide users with information and updates.
- To communicate with users about their accounts, their transactions and orders, updates, and other administrative issues, and respond to user queries and requests.
- To fulfill orders, provide services requested, and for any other purpose for which users may provide information.
- To store information about user preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to user interests.
- To recognize users when they return to our Website.
- To estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- To operate, develop, deliver, and improve the quality of the products and services we provide.
- To improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
- To customize and improve our services, product selection, customer service, and the overall user experience.
- To c
- To resolve disputes, address complaints, and troubleshoot technical problems.
- To protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of others.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between the users and us.
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use or combine information that we collect offline or from third-party sources with the information collected on or through the Website.
Information We Share
We may share aggregated and de-identified or anonymized data (information that does not specifically identify any individual) with third parties without restriction and without notice to or consent from you.
We may share your personal information as follows:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- When we negotiate or enter into a business transaction or legal proceeding involving the sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets, such as a merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect our rights and property, and those of our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and terms and conditions.
- In an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our community of users, or any person.
- To contractors, service providers, partners, and other third parties we use to support our business, including shipping carriers who may use your phone number to send updates about your deliveries.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We do not share or sell your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Social Media Services
If you choose to register and/or log in to our Website through your social media accounts, link your social media accounts with the Website, or engage with our Website through third-party social media platforms, you understand that you may be allowing us to receive and have ongoing access to certain information about you, including personal information, that is collected and stored on those platforms and provided to us under the terms of those social media platforms’ privacy policies. You also understand that you may be providing information about your activities to those third-party social media platforms, as applicable. It is your choice to participate in the functionalities and/or activities that we propose on or through social media networks. You understand that it is your responsibility to review the security and privacy policies of such social media networks, along with their specific conditions of use.
You may have the option to provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Content”), in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. It is your choice to post and publicly share your User Content. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links redirecting you to third-party websites, including, without limitation, social media websites. The privacy policies and data practices of other websites may significantly differ from our own, and we make no representations or warranties whatsoever about their policies and practices. Your communications and interactions with such third parties are solely between you and them and are at your own risk. We are not responsible for and cannot control what is collected on these websites, and it is your responsibility to review the conditions of use, privacy, and security of such websites.
Protection of your Information
You understand that no transmission of data over the internet or any social media or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we try to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, you must help protect the privacy of your own information, including maintaining the confidentiality of any account information or access credentials. You must take precautions to protect the security of any personal information that you transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personal information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, public, or otherwise unsecured networks.
Information Choices and Changes
Accessing and Updating your Information
You may review, change, and delete some of the information that you have provided to us by accessing your account on the Website. You may also send us an email at: email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Some personal information that you have provided may not be deleted without also deleting your user account. We may not be able to accommodate a request to delete your personal information relating to past transactions or archived information, or other User Content on public display on the Website. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you choose to subscribe to our mailing list, you will receive promotional e-mails that may include news and updates about us, information regarding our products and services, and more. If at any point, you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, you can do so by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each promotional e-mail we send, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 5 business days for changes to your email preferences to take effect. During that time, you may continue to receive email communications from us that were already in process. Unsubscribing from our mailing list will not affect your receipt of service-related communications, such as order updates and payment confirmations.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
You may decide whether or not to accept cookies and certain tracking technologies by changing the settings in your web browser and/or through the settings in your device. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website. Please note, however, that changing the settings in your browser may affect the functionality of our Website.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website. To opt out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the web browser sends a message to websites requesting that they do not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see California Privacy Rights below for more information.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our California Privacy Notice.
Third-Party Use of Tracking Technologies
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By accessing and using any of our Websites, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years old.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see California Privacy Rights above for more information.
This Website is intended only for users located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be aware that data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to the laws of the United States. By using the Website or providing us with any personal or other information, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
Effective Date: February 1, 2021
Last Updated on: February 1, 2021
Information We Collect
We collect information, including on or through our U.S. website located at http://www.ultraceuticals.com/us (the “Website”) that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, nor does it include deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months: identifiers, information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, biometrics information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, inferences drawn about you and other categories of personal information that relate to, describe or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, and transactions, and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not disclosed personal information for a business purpose to third parties. In the future, we may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We will only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and we will prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information to third parties, and we will continue to not sell personal information to third parties. For more on your personal information sales and your rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights below.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the "right to know"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the "right to delete"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will, as required by the CCPA, delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- Emailing us at: email@example.com
- Visiting www.ultraceuticals.com/us/contact
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make it.
For instructions on exercising your sale opt-out or opt-in rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. At this time, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Ultraceuticals US LLC
246 Fifth Avenue
Floor 3, Suite 04
New York, NY 10001